See up to 4 Types of Whales from 4 Departure Locations!
Comfort and speed all within one vessel.
Island Explorer 4 is the little sister to the Island Explorer 3 and shares many of the same great features with a large heated cabin, full walk around lower deck, and huge upper viewing deck. The IE4 is the favorite boat for many of our guests as she is quick, very maneuverable, and can go places that other larger vessels cannot. Her shallow draft allows her to navigate narrow passages making her perfect for our La Conner tours.
The most nimble vessel in the Island Adventures fleet without compromising comfort or quality.
New to Island Adventures in 2014, the Island Explorer 4 is the little sister to the Island Explorer 3. She is 85 ft long and 22 ft wide, with a full walk around lower deck, spacious upper viewing deck, galley with hot food and beverage for purchase, his and her restrooms, over 300 feet of rail viewing space, and has comfortable booth style seating in her indoor heated cabin.
The Island Explorer 4 is certified to carry 126 passengers. We try to keep her at around 85 passengers to keep all of our guests comfortable in all kinds of weather.
- Outside rail viewing space on one side of the boat for all guests
- Indoor heated seating with restaurant-style booths
- Two viewing decks for an incredible vantage point over the water
- Galley with local menu – quality food at a reasonable price
- 84 foot monohull with speeds capable of 16+ knots, perfect for the Strait of Juan de Fuca
- Holds a higher Coast Guard certification than the Washington State Ferry System
Sample Galley Menu
- Captain’s Chili
- Ivar’s Clam Chowder
- Nathan’s Hot Dogs
- Fountain Soda
- Beer and Wine
- Souvenir Mug with Unlimited Beverages
See our other incredible whale watching vessels.
The Island Explorer vessels all look very similar. IE3, IE4, and IE5 have full walk-around lower decks, huge upper decks and great sound systems. These designs separate a whale watching boat from a repurposed fishing boat or crew boat. Our vessels are the only boats in the area with outside rail viewing space on either side of the boat for all guests. They are also very stable, making them fantastic photography platforms. Island Explorer vessels are safe, fast, and comfortable.