COVID-19 Tour Information
In light of COVID-19 concerns, Island Adventures has taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, our other guests, and for our valued employees. The following guidelines were thoughtfully crafted incorporating recommendations from the Passenger Vessel Association (PVA), Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Washington state health officials. We will update these recommendations as they evolve.
While we have made changes to our operating procedures, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. If you are currently reserved for an existing tour, or if you're interested in making a reservation, please take a moment to read about our new 2020 COVID-19 policies.
Last updated August 1, 2020
- The state of Washington requires the use of face masks or other facial coverings in public, both indoors and outdoors, for anyone age 5 and older. The only exception is if you are eating or drinking while seated at least 6 feet from others. We are required by law to enforce this requirement in order to operate tours. We appreciate your cooperation in complying with this rule.
- Passengers with existing reservations that feel unwell, who are considered high-risk (65 years of age and older or with underlying medical conditions), or who aren’t quite ready to join us yet can and should reschedule for a later date. We have a very flexible cancellation policy and are happy to work with all guests impacted by changes related to COVID-19.
- Guests that join us on a tour must agree to follow the directions of Island Adventures crew members and be respectful of other visitors and their personal space.
- At this time, we are operating tours at no more than 50% of our normal capacity. Due to limited availability, advanced tour reservations are required.
- Guests can reserve a tour by phone at 1-800-465-4604 or online at www.orcawhales.com using our tour calendar.
- In order to make a reservation, guests must acknowledge understanding of our whale guarantee, cancellation policy, and new COVID-19 requirements.
- All reservations are conveniently confirmed with an email - no need for paper tickets!
- Guests can proceed directly to their boarding location and do not need to visit the gift shop to check in.
- Detailed parking instructions are included in each guest’s confirmation email.
- Guests need only their last name to board. Please do not present your confirmation emails, as they will not be collected.
- Guests may board the vessel at any time between their scheduled boarding time and departure time. The safety briefing will occur once all guests have boarded and taken their seats instead of on the dock.
- If you arrive prior to your scheduled boarding time, we ask that you please enjoy a walk around the dock area or remain in your car. Please avoid congregating.
- If more than one group is waiting to board, we ask that guests maintain 6 feet of distance from the parties in front of or behind them.
- Each household group must have their own designated seating area that is separated from other household groups by at least 6 feet to ensure social distancing. A crew member can help find the spot that is best for your group’s needs.
- Our vessels are spacious with multiple viewing decks and both indoor and open-air seating options. We ask that guests be mindful of maintaining social distancing as they move around the boat throughout the tour and wear their masks throughout the tour.
- Our vessel restrooms are equipped with soap and running water. We ask for our guests’ cooperation in making sure they wash and sanitize their hands after using the onboard facilities.
- Due to concerns about COVID-19 transmission, we are temporarily suspending our reusable souvenir mug promotion and are not able to refill your personal water bottles or mugs.
- We are currently unable to issue binoculars for guests to borrow. Please feel free to bring your own.
- Crew members will sanitize frequently used surfaces, such as door handles, railings, counter-tops, and armrests, regularly throughout the tour.
- Food and beverages will be available for purchase during your tour and we are following all Washington health guidelines for dine-in restaurants. You’re welcome to bring your own food and non-alcoholic beverages aboard as well. Eating or drinking is permitted when you are seated and separated from others by at least 6 feet.
- All on-board purchases are cash-free. We accept all major credit and debit cards.
This is an ever-changing situation. Island Adventures remains committed to adjusting our safety procedures as new information becomes available. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding and look forward to seeing you on the water!